Dr. Tabanella Clinic is located in the center of Rome near Corso Trieste, know better our Clinic
A short video to present the Clinic and our staff. Good vision!
All the services offered by Dr. Tabanella Clinic: implant surgery, periodontal surgery, whitening, aesthetic surgery
In the image gallery some treatments performed by Dr. Tabanella, before and after the treatment
Orec is a Training Education Center founded by Dr. Tabanella that has the goal to train doctors from all over the world in the field of periodontology, implantology, aesthetic and reconstructive surgery. All the courses are held by Dr. Tabanella who teaches his advanced techniques to all participants.
Dr. Giorgio Tabanella
Dr. Tabanella is a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology and Active Member of the Italian Academy of Esthetic Dentistry. He graduated from the University of Southern California-Los Angeles-USA where he obtained the Certificate in Periodontics as well as the Master of Science in Craniofacial Biology.
He is Director of O.R.E.C.-Oral Reconstruction and Education Center (www.tabanellaorec.com), reviewer and author of original articles published in peer-reviewed journals.
Dr.Tabanella lectures worldwide on soft and hard tissue reconstruction around natural teeth and implants as well as the re-treatment of failures. His research focuses on tissue regeneration, peri-implant and dental bone loss, novel protocols for the repair of ailing dental implants. He maintains a private practice in Rome, Italy where he also holds advanced courses and live surgeries on tissue regeneration and re-treatment of implant failures for a limited numbers of participants.
American Board of Periodontology
Internationally renowned speaker, Dr.Tabanella is one of the very few specialists in Italy to have obtained the title of "Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology", the most prestigious worldwide recognition in the field of Periodontology and Implantology.
Below the last articles wrote by Dr. Tabanella:
- May Vitamin D intake be a risk factor for peri-implant bone loss? A novel hypothesis. By Tabanella – Submitted for publication
- “A novel peri-implant soft tissue biopsy technique to analyze the peri-implant tissue sealing: a non invasive approach for human histologies.” By Tabanella et al. – Submitted for Publication
- Tabanella G., Nowzari H., Slots J. “Clinical and microbiological study of ailing dental implants”. Clin Implant Dent RelatRes. 2009 Mar;11(1):24-36
- Tabanella G., Nowzari H., Slots J. “Clinical and microbiological determinants of ailing dental implants”. Clin Implant Dent RelatRes. 2008 Apr 1.
- Tabanella G. “Clinical and microbiological study of ailing dental implants”. PRO/QUEST UMI 20 March 2006.
- Tabanella G., Nowzari H. “Aggressive Periodontitis Associated with Guillain-Barrè Syndrome: a Case Report”, Journal of Periodontology 2005; 76: 2306-2311.
- Tabanella G. “Oral Tissue Reaction to Suture Materials: a Review”. J West SocPeriodontolAbstr. 2004;52(2):37-44.
Below last three years conferences held by Dr. Tabanella:
- 2016 - ZAGREB [CROATIA] QUINTESSENCE INTERNATIONAL MEETING
- 2016 - PARIS [FRANCE] SEPTEMBER: PERIO STUDY CLUB
- 2016 - ROME [ITALY] OCTOBER : HANDS-ON ON PIG’S JAW ON BONE AND SOFT AUGMENTATION PROCEDURES STUDY CLUB FROM GERMANY
- 2016 - NEW YORK [USA] JUNE 22ND-24TH: NOBEL BIOCARE GLOBAL SYMPOSIUM
- 2016 - BUCHAREST [ROMANIA] APRIL 16TH
- 2016 - VILNIUS [LITHUANIA] FEBRUARY 26-27TH
- 2015 - SAINT PETERSBURG [RUSSIA] DECEMBRE 5TH
- 2015 - MOSCOW (RUSSIA) DECEMBRE 4TH
- 2015 - TOLEDO (SPAIN) NOVEMBER 13TH-14TH: NOBEL BIOCARE SPANISH NATIONAL MEETING
- 2015 - CAPE TOWN (SOUTH AFRICA) NOVEMBER 5TH: IFED SOUTH AFRICAN ACADEMY OF AESTHETIC DENTISTRY
- 2015 - ROME (ITALY) OCTOBER 16TH: NOBEL BIOCARE NATIONAL MEETING
- 2015 - STOCKHOLM (SWEDEN) SEPTEMBER 28TH: EAO
- 2015 - MONASTIER (ITALY) SEPTEMBER 18TH-19TH : ITALIAN ACADEMY OF ESTHETIC DENTISTRY
- 2015 - BELGRADE (SERBIA) SEPTEMBER 4TH-5TH: DENTAL IMPLANTS IN ESTHETIC AREAS
Dr. Tabanella's research focuses on the development of minimally invasive techniques for advanced tissue reconstructions in aesthetic areas and in patients with severe bone loss due to periodontal disease or iatrogenic damages. The maintenance of long-term aesthetic results and therefore the refined management of bone and gingival tissues is the focus of his daily work.
The increasingly widespread use of endosseous implants by unskilled doctors has led to an indiscriminate increase in patients with damaged, unsightly and ailing implants. This led Dr. Tabanella to develop a line of research on the predictive factors of implant complications, such as bone loss, and to define advanced protocols for the retreatments for these specific clinical cases: mistreated patients must, in a definitive way, solve their functional, phonetic and aesthetic problems.
Other research "topics" are: implant and periodontal surgery, peri-implant bone remodeling, periodontal aesthetics, reconstruction and regeneration of hard and soft tissues, management of implant complications, aesthetics in complex clinical cases and peri-implant bone loss.